Total Pageviews

Thursday, June 5, 2014

Painting in Utah

We recently had a wonderful family vacation in Utah visiting my husband's parents.  I was able to squeeze in a little painting time for some quick sketches.  My goal is to use these studies to create larger pieces for the Studio Tour this fall. 

Our son Michael purchased an art book for me while we were on the trip....the forward written by Robert Redford regarding the Zion National Park experience.  "I was dumbstruck by the towering power of it's geology...multicolored features sculpted into the most magical rock kingdom I had ever seen...a place drawn by God's own hand."  That is exactly my feeling.  Painting there was overwhelming as the colors were so foreign to me, yet I was in AWE of God's creation.  I met some great families who were interested in the painting process and had the opportunity to visit the galleries in St. George, Utah.  Reconnected with the dynamic owner of The Mission Gallery, Jane Meyer and met one of the artists whose work I admire very much, Marc Hanson. 

Plein Air sketch in Snow Canyon, St. George, UT
8 x 10, oil
I met some great kids while painting here....HI!
Painting at Zion, truly full of "Wonder"
Zion Plein Air, 8 x 10
Zion Stream
Zion Plein Air, 8 x 10
 
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment