Total Pageviews

Friday, June 27, 2014

Port Washington Plein Air

As part of the Cedarburg Plein Air event, artists from all over descended on Port Washington on a stormy, foggy morning.  Fog, mist, sun and rain rolled in and out over the two day period making painting a challenge.  My first set up was at South Shore beach where I hiked down the shoreline, thinking I would avoid the alewives.  No luck there.  So, I plunked down right in the middle of them and began painting.  Loved the variation of light on these beach paintings.
The alewives were everyone on the beach
"Storm Watch at South Shore Beach" 11 x 14, Oil
 
Then took a break and waited for some sun.  The My Radar app on the phone is such a great tool for Plein Air painters.  Later that afternoon I set up on the sidewalk and painted the marina.  Good thing I finished quickly because the fog enveloped us again. 
"Waiting for Wind" 8 x 10, oil
 
Went back very early the next morning to catch a sunrise, there was a tiny glimmer until the fog rolled in once again.
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment