Total Pageviews

Friday, June 24, 2011

Cedarburg Plein Air #1



It's been a busy few weeks preparing for the 11th annual Plein Air event in Cedarburg (I'm on the planning committee and painting). We were thrilled to have nearly 150 artists painting in the event. Here is my painting from Riveredge Nature Center (day 1) and one of the paintings I submitted for the exhibit. "Summer with my Siblings" was another one of those special opportunities to meet some neat kids. After chatting with the kids a bit, the oldest sibling went back to the house to get some artwork that he created. We talked art for a while (he's very, very talented), then I had to get back to my clouds as they were ever changing! Also made a re-connection with the homeowner of the adjacent property as she brought out Gatorade to the artists who were painting there....how thoughtful!!!! My next postings will show the paintings on her amazing property.

No comments:

Post a Comment