Total Pageviews

Monday, September 1, 2014

Willoway Farm Charm

A few weeks ago, painters from the Cedarburg Artists Guild were invited to a beautiful farm that operates a CSA near Fredonia, Willoway Farm.  Owners Jacqui and Dan allowed us to explore and create for the entire day -- thank you!  Many of us left with a full supply of veggies, eggs and even flowers for the week.

For me, one of the hardest parts of plein air painting is picking the subject.  And at this farm, that was a hard task. So many OPTIONS!  I probably spent the first hour just walking back and forth to see what would catch my eye.  Beekeeping has always interested me, so I found some boxes along a back path and set up there. 
Work in progress
"What's the buzz at Willoway Farm?"  Oil, 11 x 14
 
All the sights and sounds of the farm stay in my memory as I sift through photo reference to create some studio paintings.  Their little boy Sam was also very interested in the artists and hopefully his curiosity will spark his own creations in art. 
As I packed up, the sandhill cranes were flying overhead.  Couldn't have asked for a better day!  Thankful, grateful. 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment