Total Pageviews

Friday, January 25, 2013

Duck Tales

This was my plein air study (above)

 "The Family That Quacks Together, Stays Together" (above)

"Off to Swimming Lessons"  (above)
Besides the usual subjects of chickens and cows, I added DUCKS to the lineup over the past 6 months.  I spent time at a local farm painting these ducks plein air (which is a BIG challenge, since they never ever sit still).  However, the plein air study was invaluable for appropriate color notes as I worked on some of these larger paintings.
The farmer also talked to me about how to identify the gender of these ducks.  One way is the difference in Quacks....which I didn't catch on to.  The other is the feathers.  If a duck has a curled tailed feather, it is the male! 
Enjoy these two paintings of this entertaining duck family.

No comments:

Post a Comment